Hello, PTA parents! We are all excited about starting the 2016-2017 school year at Phillips Elementary.
Here are some key things to remember as you prepare for school starting:
- If you are a parent of a kindergartener, be sure to come to Meet the Parents Night on Thursday, August 18 at 6pm to get a good head start.
- Meet the Teacher Night is Friday, August 19 in your respective classrooms. Grades K-2 start at 5:30pm; grades 3-5 start at 6:30pm.
- During Meet the Teacher Night at 6:15pm, the PTA Board will hold the first General Meeting for all current PTA members. The purpose of the meeting is to approve the budget for the upcoming year. If you were a paid PTA member for the 2015-2016 school year, your membership is still active. Please plan to attend this very short meeting so that the PTA can start operating.
- School start and end times have changed! All grades will start at 7:45am and end at 2:55pm.
- The first day of school is Monday, August 22 at 7:45am.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, September 5, for the Labor Day holiday.
Be sure to check the Calendar for other upcoming events. We look forward to a great year!